Sunday, January 3, 2016

Day 1: Anna's Birthday (Shibuya, Akihabara, Harajuku, Shinjuku)

Anna and I woke up around 8 am, we showered and went to the Shibuya train station. There we saw a huge crowd around the Hachiko statue. After I took a few pictures, we went in the station to get our suica cards for the trains. After which we found the quickest route to Akihabara.

Hachiko's statue

Quickest Route

Delivery Truck that picks up recycling too.


In Akihabara, we tried to grab lunch at the Gundam themed restaurant, but it was too crowded. Instead we grabbed food from a street vendor. Everywhere in Akihabara was crowded, so we didn't stay too long. From Akihabara, we took the Yamanote line to Harajuku. In Harajuku we shopped a bit, before we went to the Yoyogi park. On the way to the Yoyogi park, we noticed that the Meiji Shrine was packed with people there for the New Year.

Yoyogi Park was the 1964 Olympic Village

This is the only Olympiad House still standing (I think Dutch or Swiss?)


 Crows in Japan are huge







After we left Yoyogi Park, we went back to Shibuya. I took a few pictures of the Shibuya crossing as we headed back to the hotel. When we arrived at the Hotel, we made plans for dinner with my friend Matt, with whom I had stayed with during my previous trip to Japan. He no longer uses a cellphone, instead he uses an app called Line to make voip calls, so I set that up on my phone.

Shibuya Crossing


After resting and repacking our day bags, we left for Shinjuku station to meet Matt. We took the Yamanote line. For dinner we had Shabu-shabu. I caught up with Matt, and we discussed our plans for Tuesday, to go to the Studio Ghibli Museum. After Dinner, I took a few pictures, before we took the Yamanote back to Shibuya.

Our kimchi and sukiyaki flavors Shabushabu broth

Mount Fuji decoration Lights

Mount Fuji in Shinjuku

No comments:

Post a Comment