Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Day 3: Visiting the Ghibli Museum (Nakano and Kichijoji)

Anna and I woke up around 7 am, we packed our day bags, and plotted our route to Kichijoji station to meet Matt around 9:30. Matt had acquired tickets to the Ghibli Museum at 10 am for us. From Shibuya, we took the Yamanote to Shinjuku. At Shinjuku we transferred to the Chuo Line heading toward Mitaka.

Our Route to Kichijoji

Our tickets

Once inside we could not take pictures. We saw an animated short about My Neighbor Totoro, several exhibits about the history of film and animation, and a model of Miyazaki's studio. Once outside we were able to take pictures. Before leaving we stopped at the gift shop for a few souvenirs.











After leaving the Ghibli Museum, we parted ways from Matt. Anna and I decided to go to Nakano Broadway, as she did not go with me the day before. Anna and I grabbed lunch at Yoshinoya and then explored Nakano Broadway. We found a few more souvenirs, before returning to Shibuya.

Cosplaying in the shops is acceptable


A Gashapon store

A Cat Cafe in Shibuya

My favorite desert

No comments:

Post a Comment