Saturday, November 23, 2013

Day 11: Odaiba (November 21st)

Troy and I set out for Odaiba. After leaving Shinjuku, we had to switch to the subway in Shimbashi. When we exited the station, Christmas decorations were plentiful. In Japan Christmas Eve is a romantic holiday (much more akin to America's Valentine's Day than anything else).




I quickly lost interest in the Christmas decorations




Before jumping on the subway, I loaded up my map of the area of Odaiba that we would explore. The subway we took turned out to be very scenic, so I took many pictures with my phone.




















After arriving, we explored the mall and all of its arcades. Troy and I spent several hours in the mall and went to the bay front. The bay front probably was the most greatest scenery that we've seen up to now.






I spent many 100 yen coins in this machine


Mario Pinball








Fuji TV








Irony is not lost on my camera




















Simply put, Odaiba was amazing. Unfortunately, we had to leave earlier than we wanted, to go buy tickets for the Shinkansen (for our weekend trip). After purchasing the seat tickets, we headed back to Chofu and grabbed dinner at our favorite gyuudon place. Next to Yoshinoya was a Taiyaki place, so we stopped for one, before returning to the apartment.


Gyuudon menu


Beef Gyuudon, Miso Soup, and Green Tea


Banana Chocolate Taiyaki

No comments:

Post a Comment