Friday, November 15, 2013

Day 4: Chofu (November 14th)

It must have been the late night Mahjong games mixed with jet lag, but Troy and I got up around 11 am. Jay had several tasks to do to prepare for his flight back to California, but he was able to grab lunch with us.


Chicken Spinach Curry

Japanese curry is the greatest thing that I have ever eaten; if I am ever put on death row, as my final meal I will request all the Japanese curry. After lunch, Troy and I explored Chofu. Without a guide, we ambled about Chofu.





Surprisingly there are lots of farms in Chofu








We must have found 30 shrines in Chofu








Views from the bridge in front of the stadium


An old home in Chofu


Several homes had mikan trees


We found a Michael Jackson bar


Troy convinced me to try Japanese coca-cola

After several hours of walking, we headed back towards the apartment. We found a UNIQLO, it's like an upscale GAP. The department stores here, have yet to play Christmas music; I think that's the main reason all the staff is so friendly and helpful. I bought a "heattech" shirt; its certainly not my style, but it looks like it will keep me warm when I sleep in it. After more walking we found ourselves at the Seiyu near the apartment. I went in and bought a few snacks.


Obviously I had to get some calpis to wash out the taste of coca-cola

Matt was feeling under the weather, when we got back to the apartment, so we decided not to go grab shabu-shabu with him. Troy, Jay, and I decided to grab food at the Freshness Burger. After dinner, we hung out at the arcades around Chofu station.


Teriyaki Chicken burger with a side of vegetable soup



Some Awesome Sauce


Blazblue, the perfectly bad English using Japanese game.
Back in College my room-mates would play this game for hours on end.


2 comments:

  1. I've never had really good curry so I'm skeptical but interested in trying.

    I've never played Blazblue but I played a crap ton of Guilty Gear. The game looks awesome.

    I love pocky and they actually started selling it at walmart. Never seen that flavor before. Is it green because of the camera or is it actually green?

    I also lol'd at the earlier post featuring boss coffee and Tommy Lee Jones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Japanese Curry is the best that I've ever had, I can't even compare it to Indian Curry. I would suggest trying the curry Blue Cactus in 5 points for something similar, but not as good.

    Blazblue, was fun. When we played it, we did so just to make fun of how stereotypical it was for Japanese game.

    It was green tea pocky, its an interesting flavor. I think that I saw it at world market and ramune. Surprisingly, I never saw any ramune, in Japan... I think that drink is to purely mess up Americans' ideas of Japan.

    I got really addicted to boss coffee, while I was there. I tried it, because I had seen those commercials in my Japanese class.

    ReplyDelete